Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Recap From The Winona Peach Festival


This past weekend Canadian Heroes attended the yearly Winona Peach Festival. With great weather and fantastic peach pie, the three day festival was a great success with many visitors coming to visit our Canadian Heroes booth.
A story that was shared from Wendy Storm who, if you recall is the owner of Canadian Heroes #7 in dedication to Corporal Albert Storm. Her story is as follows:
At the Peach Festival I watched a man walk up to my truck and stand there and cry. I watched him for a few minutes and then I walked over to talk to him and asked if he knew him?
After being able to compose himself to talk to me Stormy was one of his best friends. I explained that Stormy has a park and about Jonathon and how Stormy’s boots march on in him and soon to be Angelicia. I told him that as long as I’m around Stormy will never be forgotten. He also told me that he has two son’s 12 and 14 in cadets and plan to join the military when their done highschool.
So once again i said the words “The past is Stormy, the Present is Jonathon and the Future is Angelicia and also his 2 boys.” I thanked him for his service. Before he walked away with tears running down his face he went up to Stormy and touched him and said I miss you buddy.
WOW what an emotional moment, this is why I drive my truck everyday with pride to show the world they will never be forgotten. A huge thank you to Chris that has given me this very priceless gift in my truck so i can give these people some peace. Chris your a angel in so many ways THANK YOU.
-Wendy Storm
Canadian Heroes thanks Wendy for her ongoing dedication to our initiative, and to all the volunteers who helped in making this past weekend successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment