Friday, November 12, 2010

3 minutes...



So its the day after Remembrance day. I want to say that the folks at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum put on an excellent ceremony. It was an experience to say the least. I had some great conversations with some great individuals - like the two former Navy officers who served on the H.M.C.S Bonaventure. It was a full house at Warplane, seats were filled to the max aswell as standing room. I have uploaded the photos to our Facebook group, which can be viewed here:
The one moment that clearly stood out for me that sent a chill down my spine was the flyby - the room was silent then all of a sudden vrooooooom the Lanc had flown by and echoed throughout the building. WOW unbelievable...
There was a plethora of photographers there, snapping away at the event and one individual had stood out.
At the end while everyone was leaving I was where the Canadian Heroes vehicle was and this gentleman had approached the area aswell. I said to him "did you get any good pix"??? We started chatting for awhile and I introduced myself as did he and his girlfriend. Well Edd & Seika it was a pleasure to meet you. I later added Seika to my facebook and today she had posted a video that Edd had created from the photos he had taken yesterday. I encourage that anyone reading this to WATCH this video - I absolutely think that Edd captured the days event and put it together gracefully. View the video here:
Now about the title "3 minutes"...
I had to drive the Canadian Heroes vehicle back home - so while everyone had left, chairs removed it was time to leave. Then that little lightbulb went off in my head - earlier before the ceremony I had taken a few pictures of the Lancaster outside - and I thought wouldn't it be great if I could take a pic of the Canadian Heroes car posing beside the Lanc? I asked Tony - who was the director of the event - who was absolutely great - thank you Tony, if I could in fact pull off my great idea! Sure enough he agreed and I had 3 minutes... I pulled the car up beside the plane, put together my camera and away I went. I was in the zone as I like to call it...In my mind I knew how I wanted it to look and sure enough 48 pics later I had my one shot that I am proud of...It goes back to you never know unless you ask...
So in closing another November 11 has passed - but that doesn't mean we should wait till next November to remember our soldiers/vets/fallen - it should, no has to be a daily occurrence in some way shape or form...Thanks again...
-Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment